Reporting directly to the President, the Sales Manager's mission is to generate revenue, make sales and lead the sales force. Through prospecting activities, he will be called upon to develop sales opportunities with new and existing customers as well as through business and technology partners.
The daily life of a sales force manager
- Prospect, qualify and close new customers.
- Manage and maximize the assigned key accounts
- Maximize, solicit and sign new sales opportunities with existing customers. (upselling/ cross-selling)
- Develop and implement sales strategies to explore and develop target markets.
- Analyze the market, trends and competition.
- Define and monitor lead qualification criteria.
- Visit existing and potential customers and partners.
- Coordinate, develop and obtain approval for service proposals and tenders.
- Work in conjunction with production department managers. (DEV & MSP)
- Ensuring feedback on the commitments of the various colleagues during governance meetings.
- Negotiate the terms and conditions of major customer investment agreements with production (existing and new customers)
Leading the sales team
- Plan and organize prospecting activities with the sales force. (shadowing)
- Lead the sales team in achieving the anticipated revenue objectives set by the company.
- Supervise negotiations within assigned limits.
- Ensure that sales processes are maintained and respected. (Routine and sales revenue)
- Facilitation and planning of weekly sales meetings.
- Scheduling weekly one-on-one meetings with members of the sales and marketing team. (One on one with each salesperson)
- Establish compensation incentives for sales staff.
- Establish annual sales objectives with each salesperson once a year and monitor progress in achieving objectives and activities on a weekly basis.
- Coach and assist salespeople on a daily basis (role-playing, role-playing, etc.)
- Manage cold call campaigns, coach, adjust the message and campaigns and analyze the results (ROI) of these campaigns with external caller firms (Prospecto).
- Coach and ensure the achievement of the objectives of internal agents in generations of opportunities. (Coaching, listening to calls, role-playing, and list generation for internal agents)
- Identify, document and plan the strategy to achieve the organization's sales objectives and ensure its growth.
- Be a full member of the company's management committee for day-to-day management and strategic direction.
- Prepare and implement sales budgets.
- Manage, supervise and analyze reports and KPIs related to sales projections.
- Work with the marketing manager to develop a collaborative strategy and define the sales offer.
Desired profile of a sales force manager
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of B2B sales experience in the technology, manufacturing or technology related sector.
- 3 years of experience supervising and coaching a sales team.
- Good negotiator with excellent communication skills.
- Proven skills in business development and sales.
- Good ability to popularize computer concepts.
- Professional, structured, dynamic and autonomous.